Aluminium Window Frames
What’s the best window frame for my Melbourne home?
Commonly used as a material for window frames, aluminium comes with a range of advantages and disadvantages. To assist with your educated decision making, Nu-Eco has outlined the main pros and cons below.
- Light and strong
- Easily extruded into the complex shapes required for window parts
- Available in anodised and factory-baked enamel finishes, meaning they are extremely durable and low maintenance
- Exposure to salt water environments lessens their lifespan – Filiform corrosion at exposed joints
- Highly inefficient due to its high thermal conductance – Readily conducts heat and cold, greatly raising the overall U-factor of a window unit
- Cold climates can cause condensation of moisture or frost on the inside surfaces of window frames
We understand that due to budget constrictions, you may have limited choices as to which window frame material to use. As an alternative, the specialists at Nu-Eco bring you our quality double glazed uPVC window frames, an affordable and durable solution for your home.
For more information on our range of exceptional window frames, please contact us by calling 1300 326 946 or request a FREE measure and quote for your Melbourne home today!