Average Cost of Double Glazed Windows in Australia
The decision to invest in good double-glazed windows is not an easy one to take. There are a lot of factors to consider, such as design, color, and size, all of which increase or decrease double-glazed glass price. Based on the standard statistical information, the average cost of installing double-glazed windows in Australia is around $1,000 per square meter, give or take. But what makes these windows worth the money?
Double glazing is essentially the insulation method of arranging two glass panes to be separated by vacuumed air (or filled with special gas), reducing the heat transfer through the glass into or out of your living space. This vacuum-filled double pane of glass provides three essential attributes that are better than a single pane of glass;
With uPVC double-glazed windows installed, you can be assured that the heat from outside will come into your space at a regulated temperature, while the cool temperature will be kept controlled and not easily leave through the glass (an occurrence more so common with the single-paned window option).
What do double-glazed windows cost? The key to estimating the cost of double glazing lies in the size of the pane more than the type of aluminium or material you would use to frame them. There are some expensive mechanisms for opening and closing windows and doors, and you will need to factor these in when estimating the cost to install double-glazed windows.
While the price may seem a hefty amount to be paying for double-glazed window installation, the benefits that come from long-term savings will definitely be exponential over the years. You’ll have the potential to reduce 30% heat loss (or gain), significantly taking off your electricity bills.
Other benefits include the following…
- Glazed windows usually last for around 20 years or more
- Reduces carbon emissions by up to 680 kg a year
- Consequently, installing glazed windows is beneficial to the environment
- The value of your home will be increased due to potential energy savings
- Glazed windows generally reduced noise pollution in and out of the house
Cost vs. Quality
There is always a question of cost versus quality when building or renovating homes. It is imperative that you always get more than one double glazed window quote. This is due to the differences in the double-glazed glass price.
The cost of double glazing a house is not necessarily more expensive than installing standard windows, here is why:
- The cost to install double-glazed windows is the same as installing standard windows.
- The design of double-glazed windows will always outdo standard windows due to the double.
- Glazing structural strength. This allows for more intricate designs.
- Double glazing saves on heating and cooling bills by 30%.
- Double glazing has been shown to reduce carbon emissions by up to 680 kg a year
- Double glazing windows sound proofs the house, making it less susceptible to sound pollution.
- The value of a property will always go up with double glazing
Investing in Nu Eco Double Glazed Windows
Nu Eco is a leader in double glazing technology. We have successfully serviced thousands of happy clients from all over Melbourne. We always provide a solution to reduce new double-glazed windows costs without affecting the quality and beauty of the new windows.
Nu Eco are the leading experts in estimating and delivering the best price uPVC windows. You don’t need to rely just on us, our clients provide enough testimony to back up all our claims:
“…look fantastic from both inside and out…”; Brendan
“…made a huge difference in keeping the house cool…”; Samantha